Welcome to the Clinton Book Shop!
Welcome to the Clinton Book Shop!
Add Just Three Recipes And You Are Entered To Win This Beautiful Chef's Ensemble.
Thank You Katherine From Expressive Stitches For Joining Us In This Most Awesome Offer. Keep Reading To Find Out How To Add Your Recipes.
Do you like cooking? Do you like discovering new food dishes? Or maybe you just love to eat!
Here's a way to try new foods and support your favorite local independent bookshop. Submit your favorite recipes and purchase the new Clinton Book Shop Classic Eats, a cookbook for all your family and friends!
The Clinton Book Shop is preparing a taste-tempting cookbook featuring favorite recipes from family, friends, and members of our community. Our cookbook will be beautifully illustrated and bound and is sure to be treasured for years.
We would like you to submit up to 3 of your favorite recipes so you can be represented in our memorable collection.There are two ways for you to get your recipes to us, with the online method the most efficient and preferable way of doing it. Should you not have access to a computer, then please stop in the bookshop to get a recipe collection form. All recipes should be submitted by April 20th, 2011. So log onto your computer and lets get started.
1. Go to www.typensave.com
2. Hit the login button on the toolbar at the top of the page.
3. For Contributor enter your name (the recipes will be printed with your name so make sure you put it in the way you would like it printed, e.g., John Cook).
4. For Group Login enter clinton12 (lowercase).
5. For Password enter recipe2011 (lowercase).
6. Choose to add a recipe from sidebar on left side of page.
7. Follow instructions for typing in your recipe and remember these rules:
• List all ingredients in order of use in ingredients list and directions.
• Include container sizes, e.g., 16-oz. pkg., 24-oz. can.
Be consistent and use standard recipe symbols (hint: click on recipe symbols and keep window open when adding recipe).
• Keep directions in paragraph form _ not in steps.
• Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.”
DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
• Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
• Anything not part of the recipe (ingredients, directions, contributor name, serving
size or recipe title) will not be included unless you select Recipe Notes.
• Be consistent with the spelling of your name for each recipe you contribute.
• Your recipes should fit into the following categories:
Appetizers & Beverages
Soups & Salads
Vegetables & Side Dishes
Breads & Rolls
Cookies & Candy
This & That
Each cookbook will contain helpful cooking hints, recipe category dividers, a table of contents, an index, and special pages of interest to our community. The cookbook will be typeset in an easy-to-read format and professionally printed and bound.
Proceeds from our cookbook sales will help us to remain a viable and supporting member of the community by bringing you more of the books, the service, and the programming you have enjoyed over the years. Your help in contributing recipes will ensure that our cookbook will be a success.
We anticipate a great demand for our cookbooks, and we want to be certain we order enough. You can reserve one or more copies for yourself and your family at this time to be assured of receiving them. Pre-payment should be made at time of reservation. Cost per book is $21.95. Add $5.20 S/H per book if not being picked up at the Clinton Book Shop. Contact us at 908-735-8811 to make arrangements. We accept Visa or Mastercard over the phone or a money order by mail. For the initial round of cookbooks, all reservations must be in by April 30th, 2011.
This cookbook will make a great gift, especially for Mother's Day. Ask us about our cookbook gift card that you can give your recipient to let them know a very special cookbook will be coming their way!