- Signed Copies
- Where's Waldo Local
- Join Our Mailing List
- Staff Picks
- Clinton Book Shop Mega-Mugs
- Our Used Book Policy
- Our Book Clubs
- Membership/Loyalty Programs
- Directions To Our Shop
- Local Authors
- Store Hours & Contact Information
Join us as we explore the World of History at the Clinton Book Shop. The WOH Book Club tackles subjects of historical nature, including but not limited to, military history, historical figures and events, social/cultural events of historical significance from around the world, medical, scientific, or natural history. We meet every other month for a lively discussion.
WOH is an open book club. This means that there are no members, no stress over scheduling and all of the books have been already chosen. Simply pick the books you want to read and join us for our discussion but do give us a call ahead of time so we can know how many to expect for that meeting.
Our 2012 schedule and booklist. Mark your calendars and pick up your book at the Clinton Book Shop. All book club titles are 20% off (even if you can't attend).
May 23rd, 7:00pm - The Great Influenza
by John Barry
July 25, 7:00pm - The Crimean War
by Orlando Figes
Sept. 26th, 7:00pm - Empires of the Silk Road
by Christopher Beckwith
Nov. 28th, 7:00pm - Truman
by David McCullough
- This is an open enrollment book club. You can read all the selections or pick and choose. All we ask is if you do not currently have the book in your library, that you purchase a copy from the Clinton Book Shop for a 20% discount when applicable. When you join, you'll be given a form listing all the dates and selections. You'll be asked to choose the books you would like to purchase so we can order them far in advance of the meeting dates.
- All dates of meetings are subject to change if needed. Advanced notice will be given.